Tuesday, December 19, 2006

May you live in interesting times!

The times certainly do seem to be interesting, that is around me. Friends seem to be getting sick, collapsing unexpectedly. Others seem to have dropped off the planet. Others still are pregnant. I am grateful that so far, there seems to be no big changes in our lives, apart from Alex learning new stuff.

Charlotte is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I am nervous. I know there are thousands of mastectomies done all the time, but still, I'm nervous.

Christmas is fast approaching, in fact, it's less than a week away. The weather is truly balmy, sunny and plus temperatures. I have all my shopping done, but as usual, keep thinking I missed someone. Did lots of laundry today, but still need to do more before the New Year. Now just the cleaning, the cooking, the wrapping, the decorating and I'll be done. Wondering how to keep little hands off Christmas ornaments. It will be interesting to say the least.

No comments: