Sunday, February 10, 2008

Holy snow!


We have had about a tonne of it. Well, maybe not, but it feels like it. I mean mountains of snow on every street corner, slush everywhere and treacherous driving conditions. Grrr. I know, I know, this is Canada, but let's not exaggerate.


In knitting news, about half done on Dr. Who scarf. Can't wait to be done and have Mr. P sporting it around town. (aside from everything else, it will keep him warm)


Applying for jobs left right and center, but so far nobody has recognized how fabulous I am. I always loved the line from Working Girl when Tess (Melanie Griffith) asks Kathryn (Sigourney Weaver - love her), her boss about her boyfriend proposing.


Tess: What if he doesn't pop the question?

Kathryn: I really don't think it's a variable. I am in the same town now, I have cleared the month of June and I am after all, me.


Ahhh, such self confidence. This is what I should put down on my cover letters : I am after all, me.


No comments: