Friday, October 11, 2013

Thanksgiving

Having a very long weekend (Friday off and Monday Thanksgiving). Love it. Was not tempted even once to sign in and check work e-mails.

There are a few things that I am thankful for this year:

  1. My beautiful son
  2. My wonderful husband (who, OK, cheeses me off sometimes, but that passes)
  3. The fact that his heart is generally OK, though slightly too big (awww, he has a big heart - I know, that is not good)
  4. That I have my parents and they are healthy
  5. That my sister-in-law is still around
  6. That I have lovely friends who do not judge me (at least out loud) and love me for who I am
  7. That we live in a country that allows me to drive and vote, and does not require me to cover my face
  8. That we live in a country that is safe (albeit a bit boring)

Those are the biggies. Also missing and remembering some people at this time: my grandmas, my father-in-law, Carl whom we used to visit around this time every year; Mr. P's aunt Lena, who was the HQ of his family (all roads led to her house - really!). I am thankful to have had all of them in my life.

OK, I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I better finish this up before I start searching the web for pictures of fluffy kittens.

No comments: