Wednesday, May 05, 2004

As birthdays go, yesterday kinda sucked. In retrospect however, I realize that it's because I had such impossibly high expectations. I suppose that mature and adult people realize that being showered with presents and affection just because you happened to be born on a certain day, is rather unrealistic. People have their own lives and your birthday is not as magical to them as it is to you. So in that light, expecting people to show up with cakes and baloons is just nuts. Certainly, bawling incontrolably because it did not happen makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Must be the baby hormones. I swear, I can be happy as a clam one minute and totally misreable the next with no apparent reason.

Anyway... found all the forms Arthur needs online and the poor guy will have to fill them out now (something he loathes) and then go and stand in line at the various government offices. At least most of them do not require fees with the notable exception of the drivers' license.

Christopher Judge is coming to Toronto! And we are going to see him. I better procure a photo asap. I am counting on the fact that I'm pregnant to be able to sneak in past the long line of authograph fiends. That man is just so gorgeous. I realize that it's not him, it's the whole persona of Teal'c, but hey!

I wonder how Glacia would take it if I asked her to knit a blankie for baby. :)

No comments: