Friday, March 16, 2007

Down memory lane


Done been tagged by glacia.


10 years ago: I was still finishing my masters degree in Hispanic Languages. That's a glorified way of saying Linguistics in Spanish. I must have been running around like mad, trying to get all my final papers in (they were due in May) and teaching my classes (TA's for 1st year Spanish) and still attending as many parties as possible.


5 years ago: Working at a software company. It was my first gig as a tech writer. I loved it. Unfortunately, the place went belly up and I ended up losing 4K in wages they never paid me. But, this was also around the time Arthur and I got engaged!!! I actually got my ring in May, but we had started to talk about getting married earlier. So, I would have been quite on a high from that.


1 year ago: About the same as now. Working on editing a huge book with a rather annoying author. Alex was very close to walking on his own. He actually started on Easter weekend last year.


Yesterday: went to a seminar about InDesign, a software we use at work. Got bored stiff after about four hours. Went shopping for a new book (The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier) and some cider for the baked salmon I was preparing for today's St. Paddy's pot luck lunch.


Today: Brekkie at work (a usual Friday occurance) and St. Paddy's pot luck lunch at noonish!!!




Tomorrow: Sleep in in the morning. Yessss! Might take Alex somewhere in the afternoon if it's not too cold.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Luck of the Irish to you all!


No comments: