Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Travels

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Char and I went to Port Perry for a little trip. What a cute little town! It's totally girly though, so all of you of the male persuasion, I suggest letting your womenfolk go with their friends, sisters, second cousins, you get the idea.


This place abounds in cute little shops mixed with really expensive art galleries. We had lunch at a tea-room sort of place. It was small, quaint. I had pierogi. The waitress came back to make sure I liked them after I had expressed scepticism at how good they could possibly be. "I am Polish, you know," I said. She swore people came from far and wide to have these pierogi, maybe not from Poland itself, but that could be attributed to the fact that Port Perry is not as widely known in Poland as it should be. Anyway, the pierogi were OK. The raspberry chocolate tart we had for dessert was divine.


We went down to the water and there was a plane that had just landed. It was idyllic.
On the way back we stopped at the Ocala winery. Bought some nice wine. These people won the silver medal for fruit wines in all of Canada. Rightly so, the ice apple wine was yummy, albeit a little too sweet for me.
Last week on Friday we had our summer outing from work. My manager likes to do one in the winter and one in the summer. We went to Unionville. We had a looooong lunch. As a matter of fact, the restaurant closed while we were there, this is how long this lunch was. Then walked around the little shops a bit, but not too long because I did not want to get stuck in traffic. This is another cute little town (on the way to Port Perry, btw) and has an abundance of crafty/artsy stuff. I realize that I need to go back to both these places.
Ahhh, love day trips!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Note - never serve piergo when pengirl comes over - she's a tough customer.

I'll serve tourtierre instead.