Saturday, June 18, 2016

Some Sort of New Record!

It has been so long that I don't even recognize blogger interface anymore.

Birthday came and went, luckily without mid-life crisis thoughts like last year. I recognize that I am not doing great, though by the amount of time I spend questioning everything. And wishing myself somewhere else. Preferably this would be somewhere near a beach, with drinks that have little umbrellas in them.

Read Jenny Lawson's book "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." Loved it. But also, perhaps on the scary side, I identify with a few too many things. OCD thinking is one thing. I wasn't aware that not everyone obsesses about stuff like that. It's zombie apocalypse and taxidermied (it's a word for me, OK!) animals for Jenny and for me it's disasters (from car crashes to tornados, you name it, I'm terrified of it) and jewellery. It's as if jewellery could magically protect me from said disasters. Which I realize is ridiculous.

So, meditation helps. It really does. It would help even more if I did it on a regular basis.

No comments: