Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In the land of the sick

Still sick and now the munchkin is sick too. We took him to Just for Kids to see a doc because this morning he woke up coughing and crying after every cough. He pointed to his throat. Poor baby, on his birthday too! Yes, pilgrims, three years ago today pengirl was in labour. Well, actually, by this time (2:00 p.m.) I was already on the maternity ward. Alex was down in the NICU because his blood sugar level was too low. So I went down two floors to hold him and feed him, while gingerly holding on to my c-section scar. Yes, a fun time was had by all. I gave the nurses the slip one time (unintentionally) and they were phoning all over the hospital looking for me. I was with my baby, of course. They brought him back to me the next day.

Well, we got drugs for the boy and instructions to not administer them unless he getse worse. Now he's napping, drugged up on Tylenol because he's beginning to get a fever after all this. When he gets up, I'm sure we'll be watching Lilo and Stitch again, while eating birthday cookies. I have to confess that even though I have now seen Lilo and Stitch about a hundred times, sitting with Alex, snuggling him on the couch, I could watch it a hundred times more.

"This is my family. I found it all on my own."

No comments: