Friday, June 11, 2004

Bad day for riding the subway yesterday. I swear, you can't make this stuff up! When I got on there was a gentleman already there who was very overserved, but was generally quiet, that is until a woman got on who used a small raisin box to whistle. She emitted these extremely high pitched whistles in frequency of about every two seconds. Well, the man, in a clear effort to quiet her, whistled as well, but very loudly. The woman, ecstactic that someone was playing along with her, whistled all the more. They whistled to one another like that for two stops and then the man got fed up and got off. Well, she continued to whistle until another woman asked her to please stop. At this point Whistler's sister, started to sing at the top of her voice and clap her hands. She got tired of it after about ten stops and went back to whistling. Luckily it was time for me to get off.

Rodrigo is really starting to bug me. This morning he asked me to correct cover letters he will write for himself when he applies for other positions. OK, that's not unreasonable in itself, but he creates such an atmosphere of panic when he talks about 'the future here is so uncertain and there are no new projects coming up.' OK, bud, I know it, but I don't necessarily want to hear about it! I do not need the stress right now. I think I will do my best to avoid him from now on.

No comments: