Friday, June 25, 2004

Boat cruises

Evil Corporation took us on a boat cruise last night around TO harbour and into the lake for a bit. There was food, which was so-so, there was booze, which I could not have and then there was dancing. So, here are my observations.

Some spouses really do look alike. I swear, if you separated these people, I would still know who belongs with whom. There was a couple of beak noses, a couple of long sticks with glasses, a couple of rotund red-neckers. It was bizarro.

People who have had some booze look really goofy when they're dancing. As I was absolutely and completely sober, I was able to observe everything very clearly and some people just look plain funny when they dance.

Door prizes donated by our clients are really pathetic. There were maybe two things I would have liked, but not the hand blender (got one) or the cheese board (got two) or the Xerox bag and t-shirt. We won nothing, so it's a moot point.

The best thing was when it stopped raining and the sun came out making a lovely double rainbow and washing downtown in waves of orange light. It was quite gorgeous out on the water albeit chilly.

Now I have to suffer through the next seven hours trying not to fall asleep and hoping yesterday's ass of a developer condescends to give me some information so I can finish the documentation of his product. Joy.

No comments: