Thursday, June 24, 2004

Just like the good ol' days

It always amazes me that developers think that tech writers will learn things by osmosis or something. They can put down minimal information about something and the tech writer will just guess from that what the new feature does. And guess correctly mind you, or else they get in a huff. It reminds me of the old SmartSales days when developers saw me as the 'girl writer'. More and more I think that Joe was right and freelancing is the way to go. That way if they don't provide information, it's clear that they're only hurting themselves. And the new VP wants shorter development cycles. Yeah, right.

The thing is that I don't feel confident as it is, so I blame myself that I did not read the dev mumbo jumbo correctly. Luckily I remember that Chrissie had the same problem where she wrote stuff and they crossed it through and said 'wrong'. Well then, tell me what's right! There's always Starbucks, I guess.

I need to quickly publish a bestselling novel or three or five. Basically, I need to be J.K. Rowling.



No comments: