Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not a newlywed...

Arthur and I have been married two years now! It's crazy how fast that went. I remember when we were just married two months and thinking wow, six months that's a milestone. Meanwhile, it's been two years and feels like five minutes.

I am just in a Thursday afternoon slump now. Brain is fried. I am working on yet another project and I'm starting to burn out a little.

Still hoping I might go away to Europe for work for a few days, though the guilt connected with that would be humongous. As it is, I hate leaving every morning and waving bye-bye to my little angel. Sigh. But Europe! And alone time. I would love some of that. There, I am a selfish beast, but I am dying for a day just for me. A day to sit idly at Chapters and leaf through books. To get my hair done and have a coffee at Starbucks. To window shop leasurely. To just wander around the city, sit on a bench somewhere and not hurry. Ahhh, the luxury.

No comments: