Thursday, June 23, 2005

TTC stories

Let me just say a few words about the TTC (that's the Toronto Transit Comission, for all you non Torontonians). The more money seems to be thrown at it, the more service sucks. Yesterday, two buses in the schedule on my route home did not show. They just didn't come at all. Then two came at once. One of which promptly short turned. I was on that one.
Lately, in the mornings my regular bus that comes at 7:15, has been showing up at 7:25. That's quite a change. Since there were no announcements of service change, I thought they were just late. On a hunch however, I checked their site. Sure enough, they changed the schedule without telling anyone. I ask you: is that good customer service? If you were running a business and your hours of operation changed, would you not tell your customers? Sigh. And this is a company that has the temerity to threaten a strike every few years. I say there should be a rival transit comission, one that offered better service at lower prices. See if they went on strike then!

No comments: