Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hump day

We woke up to a Conservative government yesterday morning. Not that this was unexpected, but still, I am not a happy camper. And to boot, they will likely call anothe election within two years to try to get a majority government. Ugh. What a waste of time and money. There are way too many elections in this country lately.

Alex has a cold. The poor mite is coughing in a very deep and ugly way. I just want to hug and hold him every time this happens, but he's off happily in his little world, exploring, pulling things off the table and other baby things. The latest is that he has learned to jump. He stands on the sofa, holds on to the back and jumps. Does the same on my lap, which can get a trifle painful.

Arthur is sick too. He sneezes and coughs all over the place and of course, I worry that it will go into his lungs. I've been knitting his sweater and am almost done the back. I have 7 inches to go.
I also bought some gorgeous yarn for a poncho and even began last night, but realized that I need larger needles. The yarn is sort of fuzzy and it's hard to work the pattern on it and it was the devil to take apart. I think this poncho will take a while or will become something else altogether.

No comments: