Friday, January 06, 2006

What a difference a few years makes

Yesterday when I came home and was playing with bebe while listening to my hubby prepare dinner, I was thinking how different this same scene was three years ago. Three years ago, I was single and would have come home probably late, having stopped on the way to do some shopping. I would have been sitting on the couch, maybe eating some sort of dinner (probably steak and egg), maybe not, depending on what my stop on the way entailed. I would be watching some sort of TV show, reclining on the pillows, relaxing. Maybe I would do some bike riding on my stationary bike.
The scene today: rush home from work, curse if there is a delay on the subway. As soon as I arrive, tear my work clothes off and put on house clothes. Wash hands twice and rush to be with my little man. Then tickle, kiss, hug him while Arthur is making yummy smells in the kitchen. The TV may be on, but I can only hear about half of what is being said and therefore only get half of every news story. Eat dinner, do dishes, give Alex a bath and put him to bed. Collapse on the couch in a state of exhaustion and mental fog. Thank God for every moment and for the fact that knitting does not require thinking.

1 comment:

Pengirl said...

Thank you! I find your blog quite interesting as well.