Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

We did not stay up until midnight. I was fine with it, unlike other years. We are all tired enough as it is.

New year's resolution? To eat healthier snacks. I am not attempting to diet because that is doomed from the start. Really, I could maybe keep that up for a week. I will try to exercise more, but that is not a resolution, that is what I want to do all the time. Mind you, I bought new pants on Saturday and they are a size smaller (and are loose in the waist). Ha!

It was quite an ending to 2006 - James Brown passed away and Saddam Hussein was executed. There are some figures that you just do not imagine ever leaving this world. I suppose it will be Castro and Bin Laden next. Pretty soon the US will run out of despots to overthrow or terrorists to hunt. The sad thing is that new ones will emerge. I wish all this could be making the world safer. I expect some day Alex will study all this in history class and will ask me what it was like when... When telephones were rotary and people used typewriters and lp records or even CDs for that matter. I bet when he's a teen everything will be digital. When I was a kid we had a black and white TV set. And two channels. We did not have a telephone at home. Now I have a phone in my purse. And an mp3 player! Aha, aha!

No comments: