Wednesday, January 30, 2008

News

The company where I used to work and I have parted ways. Nothing drastic, just one of those business things. I am now among the ranks of the unemployed. Quite enjoying it too. Well, not enjoying having to look for a job, but totally enjoying having some more time to spend with Mr. P and Penboy.

I have been spending some time in the car lately though. I went to pick up my things from Company. This was at six in the evening. I left home early because I was worried about the traffic and ended up arriving almost an hour early. Went to Tim Horton's for a hot chocolate (which they were out of), but I could only stay there for half an hour because they only allow a half hour of parking time. A cop came by and wrote down the license plate of my car too, so I could not even fudge it. So, after half an hour I moved to the Company parking lot and parked in a visitor spot, as much out of the way as humanly possible. I saw people leaving, read my book (Wicked). Then it got darker and darker. I did not want to kill the earth by idling the car, so there was no heat. I was cold. It got too dark to read and then the wind picked up and it got kind of lonely. Luckily, it got to be time to go shortly.

Then yesterday, I went to meet with an outplacement company who will be helping me in my job search and got there too early. You guessed it, sat in the car, read my book... It was daytime and pretty warm though, so much better than the previous night.

It is super windy today. I lay awake at night listening to the wind howling. At one point the wind gust was so strong that the whole building shook. Not good.

In knitting news, now that I actually do not work until 4:00 a.m. and then go into work the next day (don't ask), I have some time to knit. Am making a Dr. Who scarf for Mr. P. The colours are lovely, all rusts, fawns and golds and I am quite enjoying it. Ah, if only one could make a career out of knitting!

No comments: