Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year

Christmas was nice albeit quiet. Apart from having to take Alex home from my parents' house at 9:30 at night on Christmas Eve, that is. He just would not sleep there and he did the quiet sob that just welled up inside him. So, I said "we're going home!" We were all in jammies at this point. Mr. Pengirl was a great trooper. I'm sure he was not impressed, but pulled his pants on and picked up Alex's stuff and off we went. My baby is just like me when I was little - dinner, potty and bed were at home. I did not want to eat, go to the toilet or sleep anywhere else until I was a lot older. Then of course, that is all I wanted to do.

I got some lovely things under the tree - a star necklace from the hubby, some cool books, a gorgeous carved head that hubby made in secret, a bag, choccy, ice wine, my fave green pomengranate tea. It was gooood!

I had to work most of the holiday break. Bleah. And now I am super tired both psychologically and physically. And the work is far from done. And I just don't want to do it. I just want to rest and cuddle in Mr. P's arms. Oh, yeah!

No comments: