Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Never pass up a chance to educate

I went to the little crappy mall near Evil at lunch and saw a funny thing. There is a Jamaican woman there who has a little kiosk in the middle of the mall selling jewelry, quasi African paintings and pottery. Some Portuguese ladies were looking at the amber she had and asking for prices of things (very inflated). They touched some pendants, then some rings and then reached for bracelets and the owner actually slapped their hands away! "We don't grab the bracelets with our hole hand!" She exclaimed. "We touch gently with our fingers." I could not help but smile. I was close to the whole thing because I was looking at the chains she had. Too funny! The Portuguese ladies began commenting to each other in Portuguese, but I did not stay to see how the whole thing finished lest I get chased away for fingering a chain.

No comments: