Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Quite cool for the dog days of summer.

In my newfound home diva role, I have taken to pickling cucumbers. I put them in on Sunday and because it has not been that warm, they are taking a little longer to pickle. Poor Arthur asks me about every five minutes if they are ready now.

My life in my own office is about to end. We are moving down to a floor with cubes and I will be a cube dweller shortly. I used to sit on that floor and had a cube neighbour who would whistle "Rule Britannia" over and over all day long. That is of course aside from listening to everyone's conversations. There is no privacy in cubes. That was the time I was planning my wedding, so I'm sure I also drove everyone nuts with calls to the caterers and the flower shop. Not to mention the hours I spent looking at dresses and veils on the net. It's a wonder I did not get told off for surfing too much. Oh, yes, that happens here, at Evil. But really it won't be for long. I only have a month and a half more before mat leave.

My lunch date cancelled our lunch today, which is bad because that means I can go and satisfy my McD's craving. Bad, bad! Evil McD's!

No comments: