Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Ahh, the open road...

Or in my case, the jammed up Don Valley. I like driving, I do, but really trucks that carry sand should have their own lane and not spill sand all over small vehicles that are trying to follow at breakneck speed of 40 km/h. That's my early morning frustration, which I have to say is not bad, considering what idiots drive in Toronto.

I took advantage of having the car and went to Michael's at lunch yesterday to see if they had some cheapie wool. There was lots of neat yarn, but there was nothing cheapie about it. I really want to make a poncho, but I also really don't want it to cost me $80! Especially since I suspect that they will be out of fashion by spring. I ended up getting a skein of cool boucle sort of thing for a new scarf (yes, yet another one). Am making a sweater for me now and last night, I realized (two rows later) that I dropped a stitch. There'll be some taking apart to do today!

I can't believe next week is my last week at Evil before mat leave. It just doesn't feel real. And a month from today is my due date! That of course does not mean that I will have the baby then, but it does make me realize that I better get a move on with getting diapers and stuff. Ah, the fun of it!

No comments: