Tuesday, January 20, 2004

A big day with the sheikh yesterday. He came into my office twice, dragged me to a meeting where it was absolutely obvious I was not needed. Then of course, I had the usual meeting with him in his office. In a very small way he reminds me of Randall. Randall used to insist I was involved with everything. He was so lovely. If he was not so totally platonic toward me, I would totally have fallen in love with him. But perhaps not. Even when he held my hands in his at the coffee shop that one time, I felt nothing but warmth and friendship. Mind, Barry had quite a face on when he saw it.

I have had a grump on for the last week about how little I belong here, how Chrissie and them stay in their room and hardly ever come out while I am all over the place, meeting people. Well, it came to me this morning that maybe I intimidate them. I can hardly believe anyone would be intimidated by me. I mean, doe eyes and everything. Most men think I am but a little woman lost in a big world. How can that be intimidating? Well, but that's men for you. Luckily Arthur does not act this way. Anyway, maybe that's it.

Had a fab time with Emma on the weekend. She is so great! Coming back we had a bit of a road cone incident. We howled with laughter! Suffice it to say, there is now an orange road cone behind my building. It doubled as the snowman's hat for a while, but I think the children were not amused! :)

No comments: