Friday, January 09, 2004

Today should be a day of inventing new metaphors for the cold. It's colder than an Alberta meatlocker. No, wait, that might not be true. Snicker.
My eyeballs actually felt cold on the way from the bus to the building. Nassty weather. And yet it looks so sunny and benign out there.
It comes to me that I may have to begin inventing things to write about. Everyday life is well... everyday. I do not receive visits from old love interests daily. Nor presents from would be admirers either. Those chocolate cookies were yummy btw. Arthur loved them. I had a couple as well since I adore shortbread, but as the Christmas ten pounds is taking its time in coming off, I did not have that many.
Well then. My visit to Paris last night was quite nice. I stayed in a small hotel near the place de Vogues. I just love that area. It feels like something out of "Notre Dame de Paris", possibly because it is so near Notre Dame. Arthur and I took a walk by the Seine and had a nice dinner in the Quartier Latin. Why is it that wine tastes better in France? A quick stop at the Galleries Lafayette before dashing back to the airport this morning. I didn't really buy anything, well just a bottle of perfume, just to say I got something in Paris.
Sitting at my desk at work is quite mundane now.

No comments: