Thursday, January 15, 2004

A strange day at work yesterday. Lots of shuffles at the top. People now report to other people and some rather less than happy faces were to be seen, the most noticeable to me of which was my boss, the Sheik. Perhaps though he is only upset because John John is leaving. It will be a relief not to have John John checking up on everyone first thing in the morning.

It all put me in a very restless mood, very decided to look elsewhere for employment. I'm afraid turning tricks on the street is not an option in this cold, so it will have to be something much less lucrative. But hopefully no less exciting.

I thought about blogging a bit and have to confess that I am fascinated by the fact that people are willing to let others read their diaries. Not only willing, but hopeful that others will read it. A bit of a sad commentary on our times, I think. The other interesting part is that people actually WANT to read others' scribblings. What is it about a diary or journal that makes it so interesting? I am drawn to read other blogs too. Don't think that I'm immune! And after all, there is a reason why I made this a public blog rather than a private one!

No comments: